There is a growing demand for adult education worldwide.
How can we provide productive, effective and meaningful education for adults? How do we promote learning with adults?
- Learning theory
- The adult as a learner
- Prior knowledge and previous experiences as a basis for learning
- How to guide learning
- Development of learning methods
- Active and learner-centred teaching
- The world of work as a learning environment
- How to evaluate learning
- Guided visits to Finnish adult education institutions in the Tampere region
The module consists of lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, exercises and guided visits. The teaching and learning methods used in this module are the same kinds of methods that are widely used in adult education in Finland, including different kinds of active and co-operative methods.