Education in Finland Study Tour
Learning Scoop provides an inclusive Education in Finland Study Tour where participants have the opportunity to become familiar with the Finnish education system in all levels and explore the factors influencing its success from Early Childhood Education and Care to Higher Education. In Finland, the world-class education path begins with world-class early childhood educationfollowing the one’s development and continuing as lifelong learning in adulthood. The same principles follow throughout the life-long learning path.
This Study Tour will start by covering Finnish Education System and Training Routes to give the bigger picture. Then we will build the foundation while getting to know Early Childhood Education and Care in Finland. High School and Vocational Schools offer real choices for our youth and they are equally respected and popular. Higher Education promotes both academic excellence and practical orientation as entrepreneurship.
Objectives: The programme gives visitors an overview of the Finnish education system, Finnish society and culture, support systems, learning and teaching approaches and how it is implemented in action. It introduces examples and practices to prove Finnish innovative and entrepreneurial excellence. Education in Finland Study Tour offers an up-close and personal
view of daily life in the Finnish classroom and in other learning environments. The programme includes theoretical lectures with practical orientation, activating workshops and visits to Finnish schools to observe Finnish education onsite.
Target groups: Anyone who is interested in the Finnish Education on system level and would like to get an overview of the Finnish education system in one go.
Daily program on Study Tour at 9am- 3pm
November 26th-30th, 2018
On request for groups, contact us!
Where: Tampere, Finland
Monday: Finnish Education System and Training Routes
- Introduction to the principles behind the education system
- Paradoxes of Finnish Education: Less is More, No dead ends etc.
- Teacher’s role and tasks and teacher autonomy
- National core curriculum vs. local curricula
- Curriculum and teaching materials
- Assessment in the Finnish Basic Education: continuous assessment, but no national tests
- Learning theory and practices in Finland
- Learner centered learning approach
- School visit, 1st-9th grade
Tuedsday: Early Childhood Education and Care in Finland
- School visit, 1st-9th grade
- Care, education and teaching to support children’s balanced growth, development and learning
- Educare model: integrated approach to care, education and teaching
- Curriculum Reform: New National Core Curriculum for ECEC in Finland
- Different forms of day-care and early childhood education in Finland
- The funding and fees for day care
- Pre-primary education as a link between early childhood education and school
Wednesday: High School and Vocational School – Real Choices
- Kindergarten visit
- Upper secondary education in Finland
oSelf-directed learning and individual responsibility
- Finnish High School: broad basis for academic studies and higher education
o Electronic matriculation examination
o Team-based learning models
- Quality Vocational Education as a highly valued education choice
o Competence-based evaluation in vocational education
o Close co-operation with working life
- “No dead ends” –principle in upper secondary education
Thursday: Higher Education – from academic excellence to entrepreneurship
- School visit, Finnish Upper Secondary School (High School)
- School visit, Vocational School
- Higher Education – from academic excellence to entrepreneurship
o Knowledge and innovations as a basis for national development
o Universities as a home for academic excellence
o Free higher education for Finnish citizens (no tuition fees)
- Universities of Applied Sciences developing Finnish industry and business
• Higher education enhancing entrepreneurship and innovations
Friday: Higher Education visits and Wrap up of the Program
- Visit to team enterprises ProAkatemia or Demola Innovation Platform
- Visit to higher education institution: University of Tampere or Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- Evaluation and final reflection on program
- Farewell lunch
- Future co-operation
Minor changes to content and schedule are possible
Excursions and cultural experiences: There are plenty of excursions and evening activities available. Are you interested in Boat Tour or seeing Finnish Wilderness? How about Sauna Experience or Ice hole swimming? Read more about Finnish Excursions and Experiences here.
Training methods: The program includes introductions by the instructors to the various themes mentioned above, and independent and collaborative activities. The training methods are widely used in the Finnish education system. Particular attention will be paid to reflecting and expanding on the experiences the participants have during their visits to various educational institutions in region. Every visit is carefully evaluated.
Trainers: Learning Scoop is a Finnish company working in the fields of education and training. The staff comprises experienced teachers and experts, who have received excellent feedback on their work.
The trainers at Learning Scoop have years of teaching experience gained through the Finnish educational community and through teacher training. Learning Scoop trainers have received outstanding feedback for their well-executed and inspiring training sessions and study visits.
Costs: The price for individual participant is 1350e+VAT 24% / person
10-14 participants in a group the price is 1050e+VAT 24% / person
15-19 participants in a group the price is 950e+VAT 24% / person
20 or more participants in a group the price is 850e+VAT 24% / person
The program includes lectures, study material, visits and transportation to visit places, lunches and farewell lunch. Watch a video what happens during education study tours in Finland!
We are happy to collaborate with Lapland Hotels in Tampere which offers you a chance to experience Lapland in the heart of a city. The centrally located hotel is close to our training premises and 141 rooms have been decorated with skill and style to suit the taste of even the most quality conscious guests. The design of the rooms was influenced by nature and the stories of Lapland. The restaurant serves unique tastes of Nordic nature and Lapland in visually pleasing dishes.
Room in Comfort Class for 1 person 100€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 2 persons 120€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 3 persons 150€/night
DeLuxe Room for 1 person 130€/night
Book your room at Lapland Hotels in Tampere by email firstname.lastname@example.org with code “LEARNINGSCOOP”
Book your Education in Finland Study Tour place and register here.
+358 40 703 7337
Are you interested in shorter stay? Please check Study Visits!