ICT in education – Study Tour
Students in Finland enjoy among the highest levels in Europe of ICT infrastructure provision, high speed broadband connectivity and ‘connectedness’. Learning Scoop provides a themed Study Tour focusing on ICT in Education to give the overview how information and communication technology is implemented in basic education and what kind of ICT pedagogical approach we have in Finland. Participants have the opportunity to become familiar with the Finnish education system and the factors influencing its success.
Participants get to know platforms, digital tools and applications which are in use in every day school life and are the newest of new on the field. Participants have a unique chance to reflect the user experiences teachers and students have.
The program includes several visits to ICT oriented Finnish schools from kindergarten to upper secondary school, field trips to ICT companies operating in the field of education and access to National ICT Education/ EdTech Exhibition.
Did you know that:
- Finland is in the leading group of countries on this indicator with 5 students per computer. Finland ranks higher at all other grades.
- In Finland the number of students in schools without broadband is lower than the EU average at all grades.
- In Finland, the percentage of students in schools with a website is above the EU mean at all grades. There are a notably higher percentage of students in schools with a virtual learning environment than the EU mean at all grades
- In Finland more students are in schools where teachers have spent between 1 and 3 days on ICT professional development activities is above the EU mean, yet frequency of ICT use by teachers is above EU
Survey of Schools: ICT in Education
Target groups: Anyone who is interested in the Finnish education system and especially in ICT in Education (decision makers, administrative representatives, headmasters / principals, teachers, investors, newspapers etc.)
Objectives: The program gives visitors an overview of the Finnish education system, introduces the possibilities of different learning environments and pedagogical models and offers an up-close and personal view of daily life in the Finnish classroom. Themed Study Tour will give viewpoints to ICT and school, practical tools and models how to build foundation for ICT Education in own community and school.
Next tour dates: April 2018 and on request for groups
Where: Tampere, Finland
Daily program on Study Tour at 9am- 3pm
Monday: Introduction to the Finnish Education System
- Finnish Education system and training routes
- Introduction to the principles behind the education system
- Paradoxes of Finnish Education: Less is More, No dead ends etc.
- Teacher’s role and tasks and teacher autonomy
- Orientation to ICT in Ecudation
- From information seeking to information creating
- Digital change in Finnish education
- Media education
- School visit: ICT SCHOOL 1 (Upper Secondary School)
Tuesday: Curriculum and Assessment in the Finnish Basic Education
- Learning theory and practices in Finland
- Learner centered learning approach
- National core curriculum vs. local curricula
- Curriculum and teaching materials
- Best National Curriculum in the World – Why Curriculum Reform in Finland? 7 areas of competence in New Core Curriculum
- KeyNote Speaker: ICT, pedagogy and new curriculum at Finnish schools.
- Assessment in the Finnish Basic Education: continuous assessment, but no national tests
- An overview on the electronic matriculation examination
- Kindergarten visit
Wednesday: Digital Learning Platforms/Environments and Edugames
- ICT tools, infrastructure and usability
- ICT devices, digital teaching and learning applications and programs in basic education
- Digital learning materials
- Pedanet and eOppi
- School visits: Media School and ICT in Basic Education
Thursday: National ICT in Education Exhibition
ITK = Interactive Technology in Education
This popular yearly held Exhibition gathers together over 2000 ICT oriented teachers, EdTech companies and other professionals who are operating in the field of ICT in Education. Seminar program offers parallel workshops – also in English! (Read more here)
Friday: National ICT in Education Exhibition
- 1to1 meetings with exhibitors (EdTech Developers and EduGame companies)
- Evaluation and reflection of the program
- Farewell Lunch
School visits and field trips include:
- Guided visits to Finnish schools
- Different types of schools: from pre-primary school to the upper secondary education, which have succeeded in implementing ICT Education as part of daily life.
- Opportunities to become familiar with each school’s modus operandi and areas scheduled for development
- Participation in the school’s day-to-day activities: class room, meal time, etc.
- Opportunities to talk with teachers, students and staff * School visits are delivered in collaboration with City of Tampere
Training methods: The program includes introductions by the instructors to the various themes mentioned above, and independent and collaborative activities. Lectures, own experiments and material trials, participating in the national ICT in Education Exhibition. Particular attention will be paid to reflecting and expanding on the experiences the participants have during their visits and field trips. Every study visit or field trip is carefully evaluated.
Trainers: Learning Scoop is a Finnish company working in the fields of education and training. The staff comprises experienced teachers and experts, who have received excellent feedback on their work.
The trainers at Learning Scoop have years of teaching experience gained through the Finnish educational community and through teacher training. Learning Scoop trainers have received outstanding feedback for their well-executed and inspiring training sessions and study visits.
Costs: Per person 1790€ + VAT 24%, all together
Costs: The price for individual participant is 1790e+VAT 24% / person
5-9 participants in a group the price is 1690e+VAT 24% / person
10-14 participants in a group the price is 1490e+VAT 24% / person
15-19 participantsthe in a group the price is 1350e+VAT 24% / person
20 or more participants in a group the price is 1200e+VAT 24% / person
The program includes lectures, study material, visits and transportation to visit places, school lunches, 2-day entrance tickets to National ICT in Education Exhibition, 1 night accommodation and transportation to Exhibition and farewell lunch.
Book a place and register here.
Director of Partnerships
+358 40 508 8521