Basic Education (K-9) Study Tour
Where: Tampere, Finland.
Daily program on Study Tour at 9am- 3pm
Monday: Introduction to the Finnish Education System
- Finnish Education system and training routes
- Introduction to the principles behind the education system
- Paradoxes of Finnish Education: Less is More, No dead ends etc.
- Teacher’s role and tasks and teacher autonomy
- School visit
Tuesday: Curriculum and Assessment in the Finnish Basic Education
- National core curriculum vs. local curricula
- Curriculum and teaching materials
- Assessment in the Finnish Basic Education: continuous assessment, but no national tests
- Learning theory and practices in Finland
- Learner centered learning approach
- School visit
Wednesday: Educational support: Inclusive education, guidance, counselling and student welfare services
- What does integration and inclusion mean in Finnish schools and how it is implemented?
- Categories of support and counselling practices
- The aims and practices of student welfare services
- School visits: School with integrated classes
Thursday: Co-operation in Basic Education
- Collaboration between teachers and multi-professional co-operation
- Co-operation with parents
- Co-operation with other institutes and organizations supporting schools and learning
- School visit
Friday: Leadership and Management in Finnish Schools
- The role and tasks of a principal in Finnish schools
- Shared leadership as a basis for Finnish education
- School visit
- Evaluation and reflection of the program
- Farewell lunch
This is an example program. Minor changes to content and schedule are possible
School visits include:
- Guided visits to Finnish schools
- Different types of schools: from pre-primary school to the upper comprehensive school, small, large, special needs, etc.
- Opportunities to become familiar with each school’s modus operandi and areas scheduled for development
- Participation in the school’s day-to-day activities: class room, meal time, etc.
- Opportunities to talk with teachers and students
Excursions and cultural experiencies: There are plenty of excursions and evening activities available. Are you interested in Boat Tour or seeing Finnish Wilderness? How about Sauna Experience or Ice hole swimming? Read more about Finnish Excursions and Experiences here.
We are happy to tell more!
Training methods: The program includes introductions by the instructors to the various themes mentioned above, and independent and collaborative activities. The training methods are widely used in the Finnish education system. Particular attention will be paid to reflecting and expanding on the experiences the participants have during their visits to various educational institutions in region. Every study visit program is carefully evaluated.
Trainers: Learning Scoop is a Finnish company working in the fields of education and training. The staff comprises experienced teachers and experts, who have received excellent feedback on their work.
The trainers at Learning Scoop have years of teaching experience gained through the Finnish educational community and through teacher training. Learning Scoop trainers have received outstanding feedback for their well-executed and inspiring training sessions and study visits.
Costs: The price for individual participant is 1350e+ possible VAT 24% / person
10-14 participants in a group the price is 1050e+ possible VAT 24% / person
15-19 participants in a group the price is 950e+ possible VAT 24% / person
20 or more participants in a group the price is 850e+ possible VAT 24% / person
The program includes lectures, study material, visits and transportation to visit places, certificate of participation, school lunches and farewell lunch. Watch a video what happens during education study tours in Finland!
We are happy to collaborate with Lapland Hotels in Tampere which offers you a chance to experience Lapland in the heart of a city. The centrally located hotel is close to our training premises and 141 rooms have been decorated with skill and style to suit the taste of even the most quality conscious guests. The design of the rooms was influenced by nature and the stories of Lapland. The restaurant serves unique tastes of Nordic nature and Lapland in visually pleasing dishes.
Room in Comfort Class for 1 person 100€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 2 persons 120€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 3 persons 150€/night
DeLuxe Room for 1 person 130€/night
Book your room at Lapland Hotels in Tampere by email firstname.lastname@example.org with code “LEARNINGSCOOP”
Book your Study Tour place and register here.
+358 40 7037337
Are you interested in shorter stay? Please check Study Visits!