Early Childhood Education Study Tour
In Finland the world-class education path begins with world-class early childhood education. Early childhood has very different goals in Finland compared to many other countries: in Finland early childhood education supports children’s balanced growth, development and learning, not just academic objectives. The Finnish early childhood education is research-based and is organized according to children’s natural growth and development. Learning through play is essential.
Finnish quality early childhood education lays basis for excellent learning outcomes in Finnish basic education. Early childhood education and care, pre-primary and basic education form an integrated whole progressing consistently following the child’s development.
In Finland early childhood education is provided for children between 0-5 years. Pre-primary education is compulsory for children of the age of six. Basic education starts in the year when a child turns seven.
Target groups: Anyone who is interested in the Finnish early childhood education (headmasters / principals, teachers, administrative representatives, decision makers, investors, newspapers etc.).
Objectives: The program gives visitors an overview of the Finnish education system and early childhood education as an integral part of it. Themed Study Tour introduces the founding principles in Finnish Early Childhood Education and how it is implemented in action. The program also offers an up-close and personal view of daily life in the Finnish day-care centers.
Review: Early Childhood Education and Care Study Tour by Learning Scoop in Brainfeed Magazine
Where: Tampere, Finland
Feedback: Read more here
Daily program on Study Tour at 9am- 3pm
Monday: Introduction to the Finnish Education System
- Finnish Education system
- Introduction to the principles behind the education system
- Paradoxes of Finnish Education: Less is More, No dead ends etc.
- Early childhood education as part of the whole education system
- Visit to kindergarten
Tuesday: Early childhood education and care (ECEC) in Finland
- Care, education and teaching to support children’s balanced growth, development and learning
- Educare model: integrated approach to care, education and teaching
- Curriculum Reform: New National Core Curriculum for ECEC in Finland
- Different forms of day-care and early childhood education in Finland
- The funding and fees for day care
- Pre-primary education as a link between early childhood education and school
- Visit to kindergarten and open early childhood education activities
Wednesday: ECEC promoting learning
- Different orientations in ECEC: language, mathematics, history, biology etc.
- Areas of learning in new National Core Curriculum for ECEC
- Child-centered pedagogy
- Learning through play
- Small group activities
- Children as actors influencing ECEC: involvement and participation
- Visit to kindergarten and pre-primary education
Thursday: Individual support in early childhood education
- Early childhood education based on child’s individual needs
- Integration and inclusion in ECEC
- Categories and forms of support
- Multi-professional co-operation to support the child’s growth and development
- Visit to kindergarten
Friday: Co-operation and Open and Flexible Learning Environments in ECEC
- Co-operation with parents in ECEC
- Co-operation with school in ECEC: transition between ECE and pre-primary education
- Library –ECEC co-operation
- Open and flexible learning environments in ECEC
- Visits to forest day-care center and library, museum etc.
- Evaluation and reflection of the program
- Farewell dinner
Minor changes to content and schedule are possible
- Guided visits to Finnish kindergartens, day-care centers and pre-primary education
- Different types of early childhood education facilities: from pre-primary school to the kindergarten, open early childhood education activities, forest day-care center etc.
- Opportunities to become familiar with each kindergartens modus operandi
- Participation in the kindergarten’s day-to-day activities, meal time etc.
- Opportunities to talk with teachers and children
Training methods: The program includes introductions by the instructors to the various themes mentioned above. The participatory training methods are widely used in the Finnish education system. Particular attention will be paid to reflecting and expanding on the experiences the participants have during their visits to various educational institutions in region. Every study visit program is carefully evaluated.
Trainers: Learning Scoop is a Finnish company working in the fields of education and training. The staff comprises experienced teachers and early childhood education experts, who have received excellent feedback on their work.
The trainers at Learning Scoop have years of teaching experience gained through the Finnish educational community and through teacher training. Learning Scoop trainers have received outstanding feedback for their well-executed and inspiring training sessions and study visits.
Costs: The price for individual participant is 1350e+VAT 24% / person
10-14 participants in a group the price is 1050e+VAT 24% / person
15-19 participantsthe in a group the price is 950e+VAT 24% / person
20 or more participants in a group the price is 850e+VAT 24% / person
The program includes lectures, study material, visits and transportation to visit places, lunches and farewell lunch.
We are happy to collaborate with Lapland Hotels in Tampere which offers you a chance to experience Lapland in the heart of a city. The centrally located hotel is close to our training premises and 141 rooms have been decorated with skill and style to suit the taste of even the most quality conscious guests. The design of the rooms was influenced by nature and the stories of Lapland. The restaurant serves unique tastes of Nordic nature and Lapland in visually pleasing dishes.
Room in Comfort Class for 1 person 100€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 2 persons 120€/night
Room in Comfort Class for 3 persons 150€/night
DeLuxe Room for 1 person 130€/night
Book your room at Lapland Hotels in Tampere by email email@example.com with code “LEARNINGSCOOP”
Book your Study Tour place and register here.
+358 40 703 7337
Are you interested in shorter stay? Please check Study Visits!